After reading “God Making” by Donald Tyson in The Golden Dawn Journal III: The Art of Hermes, edited by Chic & Tabatha Cicero, I realized that creating a godform within a statue was a worthy pursuit. Since that time, I’ve been kicking the idea around of creating a cabinet-style box wherein I can place a god or goddess, and work with him/her. This finally came to fruition over the past few days when I remembered I had a bunch of spare lumber and a dedicated ritual space. Here’s what you’ll need:
- A statue of the god/goddess/angel you wish to work with.
- A full sheet of 1/4″ plywood (though a 2′ x 4′ piece would probably work as well).
- A good saw (electric handsaw or preferably a table saw).
- Medium and fine-grade sandpaper.
- White primer paint.
- Black (or whatever color you desire) paint OR Chalkboard paint.
- Some hinges & a…
View original post 388 more words